Posted - Feb 16 2008 : 04:30:54 AM
| This beta includes many new features that have been requested on the forum, or through private communication.
new features in this version include:
- Added <keyword> element for xml comments
- SQL Server: show DDL for agent jobs. Requires SMO to be installed on the client.
- SQL Server: add detail about logins on database overview page.
- SQL Server: document endpoints, controlled with the /ep switch, or a checkbox in the GUI.
- SQL Server: hide the MS_DiagramPane extended properties unless you specifically ask for them by passing /i 1.
- SQL Server: show xml comments in the overview pages if present. Give precedence to the relevant MS_Description extended property if it is present.
- SQL Server: add a “calculated” column to the columns table to show whether a table column is calculated or not
- SQL Server: add “comments first” feature so that the “comments” column will appear next to the “name” column if you pass /cf 1. In the GUI, this is exposed with the “comments first” checkbox.
- SQL Server: add support for custom comments for these types: TABLE, VIEW, PROCEDURE, FUNCTION, TRIGGER, AGGREGATE
- Analysis Server: add ability to exclude objects from AS docs using an exclusion list.
- Analysis Server: add dependency graph to CubeDimension pages.
- Oracle: add comments, columns section for views.
- Oracle: add comments, columns section for materialized views.
You can pick it up here: http://www.elsasoft.org/sqlspec_beta.zip