Posted - Oct 30 2008 : 04:29:57 AM
| pick it up here: http://www.elsasoft.org/download.htm
Here are some of the many features added/bugs fixed for 4.0:
1. Support for Sybase SQL Anywhere
2. Added a “choose objects” page in the GUI where you can specify what object types you want to document. Added many command line flags to support this.
3. Support for all 12 DBMS platforms in the “exclude objects” GUI. Previously this GUI supported only SQL Server.
4. Support for arbitrary HTML in database comments – see /pt command line switch.
5. Support for using a different extended property from MS_Description for object comments. This is useful if you want to localize your documentation and have the same comment in multiple languages.
6. Analysis Server: support for XML comments in MDX scripts. This enables documentation of calculated members.
7. Support for cross database and cross server dependencies (through linked servers)
8. Support for column dependencies. That is, SqlSpec will tell you which columns of which tables a stored procedure selects or updates.
9. SQL Server: support for XML comments on objects that don’t have their DDL stored on the server, such as tables. This is implemented with extended properties.
10. SQL Server: add extended properties filter. Using this you can restrict by name the extended properties that are fetched by SqlSpec.
11. Access: fix bug where SqlSpec could not document linked tables. This was due to a limitation in the API that SqlSpec was using, GetOleDbSchemaTable. We switched to using DAO and that seems to have fixed it. We still use GetOleDbSchemaTable if DAO is not installed however.
12. Many other features that we can’t recall at the moment! :)