New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

richtolley
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2018 :  07:45:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi

There are currently no products that I can find that will documnet Azure Data Warehouse (which is effectively SQL Server with a few differences)

It would be great if you could support this.

I can't believe it would require too many changes.

It would be great if you would have a look at the potential of adding support for this. SQL Server PDW (Parallel Data Warehouse) is virtually identical so one lot of work would add two new products.

Many thanks, Best Regards

Rich

PS - Due to the nature of ADW, documenting would be slow, however, I think everyone would be willing to wait for the output.

Jesse
Forum Admin

731 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2018 :  2:03:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Rich,

Have you tried it? SqlSpec supports SQL Server on azure already. What error do you get?

Jesse
Go to Top of Page

richtolley
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2018 :  1:39:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Jesse

I will install the latest version and give it a go tomorrow, however, I doubt that it will work on Azure Data Warehouse.

No other SQL tool do :(

Although ADW is technically an SQL Server, there are quite a few differences and some extra commands.

Tables have an additional DISTRIBUTION clause, There are additional statements such as CTAS and CETAS, not to mention External Tables and other changes.

Let me have a stab and give you some feedback.

I have a large warehouse that I need to document over the coming weeks and it will be a nightmare to complete by hand.

Thanks for the reply - sorry it's taken so long to respond, it's been a bit hectic today as we're on last day of sprint tomorrow and I still have way too many open tasks :(

Best Regards

Rich
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Elsasoft Forums © Elsasoft LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000