Elsasoft recognizes the contribution that Microsoft MVPs, Microsoft MCTs, and Oracle ACEs make to the community. We like to reward that contribution with free not-for-resale (NFR) licenses of our products to MVPs, MCTs, and ACEs.
Even if you are not part of an official company sponsored program but are a recognized contributor to the database community, we'll consider you for the NFR license. Just send mail with some means for us to verify your community contribution.
Examples of a "community contribution" that would qualify could be a well-respected blog related to databases, or authorship of relevant articles free to the community.
If you wish to take advantage of this offer, please send mail to email@example.com with the following information:
- your full name
- proof of your contribution to the database community
- proof of your Microsoft MVP, Microsoft MCT, or Oracle ACE status if applicable
- confirmation that you have read and agree to the NFR license here.
We'll then review your details and be in touch with you.
Also if you work for a charity or open source project, get in touch. We often donate licenses to such organizations as well.
Here are some of the organizations we support with free licenses:
- Children's Hospital Boston - one of the largest pediatric medical centers in the United States.
- Christian Aid - an agency of churches in the UK and Ireland: "We work wherever the need is greatest - irrespective of religion or race." SqlSpec is used by Christian Aid in a number of other sites they run:
- Focus Ireland - a leading charity in Ireland which provides a range of services to the homeless and those at risk of homelessness.
- Senior Services - manages the "Meals on Wheels" program and numerous other transportation, nutrition, wellness, and senior center programs in the greater Seattle area.
Open source projects
- Cancer Array Informatics - part of the Cancer Biomedical Informatics Grid - an open source project used in cancer research at the National Cancer Institute.
- YetAnotherForum - an open source forum software project.